The Parish Clerk receives copies of Planning Applications from Daventry District Council.
Details of planning applications can be viewed on Daventry District Councils website here
A notice will be displayed on the village notice boards at least 7 days prior to the meeting at which the application will be considered. This will usually be the scheduled Parish Council meeting; however, if this would be after the closing date for responses to the application, a special meeting will be called to discuss the application.
Members of the public are welcome to attend the meeting and to voice their opinions. The Parish Council will take comments from members of the public into consideration when responding to the application but these may not affect the final decision of the Planning Committee at Daventry District Council.
The decision on whether or not to grant planning consent is made by the Planning Committee of Daventry District Council and not the Parish Council.
The Planning Committee will make their decision based on relevant planning considerations such as:-
- Consistency with the development plan for the area
- Traffic and highway safety issues
- Overlooking, loss of privacy and loss of light
- Scale of the development
- Design, appearance, layout and material
- Loss of important open space or physical features
- Noise, disturbance or smells
- Local knowledge of drainage or other possible problems with the surface
- Impact on the surroundings
Issues that they will not take into consideration include:-
- Effect on the value of property
- Loss of view over other peoples land
- Possible future development not included in the application
- Private property rights such as boundary or access disputes
- Matters covered by other laws
- The morals or motives of the developer